Warning: Contains spoilers, in this case, life savers to stop you from going to the extent of killing yourself for sitting through the movie.
1. All girls flirt with a guy who is way below their league just because he’s the hero.
2. Songs are very essential and a scantly clad heroine is a must (like you didn’t know this already)
3. Whenever the heroine wears a tight dress or white, it rains in Bangalore (especially in songs)
4. IT companies have talent shows called National Software Competition where a guy and girl are given the same room for more than a month to prepare for the big day.
5. You need names like global infosys and Narayana Keerthi (sounds like the names of cheap chinese equivalents) to emphasise the presence of big names in IT competitions and the director couldn’t think of a better name for a top indian IT guy than “narayana keerthi” sigh..
6. A girl can hug to welcome every stranger she meets. (i sure didn’t know this..it was a revelation)
7. If the hero is a psycho, the heroine calling his name will always sound like a cry for help from a damsel in distress.
8. Mobile phone companies will re-issue a unused number in under 3 months. (i maybe wrong)
9. National software competitions use a huge multi touch screens for their presentation. (now, i need to find out where they have kept it in my office. Oh, how good it would be to play angry birds in that)
10. Drugs are so easily available and they are mixed clearly in front of everyone by the bartender.
11. Tamil cinema is evolving. Usually, when they show an America maapillai ( a NRI groom from the states for those who don’t follow tamil ) character, he is mostly shown as a rude guy or someone with an affair with a girl there, now he can also be a gay/bi. (way to go director)
12. You can use as many flashbacks as you want in a movie. (thankfully no mosquito coils rolling in front of the screen)
13. Girls fall in love for pathetic dumb-ass dialogues which involves words like, world, you, life, love, feelings in a jumbled order.
14. When you ask a hero about the girl he loves, he should sing and dance.
15. A hero can have no friends at all. (breaking from the usual tamil movie formula of three guys around the hero always)
16. You always need a designer knife to kill anyone if you are the hero. (this is mandatory and high priority) Looks cool though.
17. You need to wear face paint and hood with a cape like thing if you are going out at night to kill someone.
18. A police commissioner can close a case of the murdered son of the home minister in few days even after knowing the killer just because his conscience felt it was right. (i mean, where are those traitors from each movie where they give minute by minute update from the commissioner’s office to the minister, they gave it to the minister’s son in this same movie for cryin out loud)
The last (at-least from what i can recollect of the stupidity) is the one that put me off completely and wanted me to pity the stupid director for his peanut sized brain or lack of interest in minute details..
19. You can control mobile phone radiation and save endangered species using a software. ( I’d be glad to pay if they develop an android app for it )
One argument i heard is that its a debut movie for the director and he’s made it look like a big director’s movie with usual mistakes. If he’s young and this is his debut, he should have been more careful with the details. (personal opinion)
A friend of mine, after watching the movie told me, the director might have een inspired from shutter island. If he’d seen atleast one movie of Martin Scorsese fully, he’d know how important it is to give attention to minute details. Looking forward for the magic of “Hugo” to be released in mid march in india.